Gross hydroephroosis
My mother diogainsed with e/o gross hydronephrosis with thin layer of cortex noted to the left kidney. Gall bladder calculus huge hydronephrosis of left kidney. Am staying in velachery.my mother came from native place Please advise on the treatment. Is operation required or can be cured with medicine

Dr. Prashant C Dheerendra
Nephrologist/Renal Specialist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Dear Sir, it cannot be managed by medicines. She will need to undergo further evaluation to see what is the cause of hydronephrosis, whether it needs surgery and how well the other kidney has compensated (increased it's function). Wish that she does well.