gynecologist-icon
Greeting pregnancy
My wife has undergone D&C in Oct'16. After 40 days (i.e. 16th Nov'16) of D&C doctor advised for torch test. torch test result is as follows: Rubella Igg 93.90, CMV Igg 67.00 and Harpes Igg 6.94, Igm results were under control. Then doctor started medication for one month. After one month (I.e. 16th Dec'16), we again went for torch test and the results were as follows: Rubella Igg 62.30, CMV Igg 50.80 and Harpes Igg 29.40. after medicines were continued for one more month. Then there is one month (25th jan'17 to 28th Feb'17) break and now we have again gone through torch test (Only CMV &Harpes Igg). Result is CMV Igg is 76.40 and Harpes is 0.15. Doctor advised to start medication again for CMV Igg. Is there any complication in conceiving or during pregnancy if we avoid medication or we should continue with doctor's advice?
52 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

IgG suggest of past infection... Denote the antibodies IgM  suggest the recent infection If IgM is positive then you have to wait till infection reduces.. This is not in case if IgG positive
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.