Girlfriend smokes cigaret
Hello doctor,my girlfriend wont to smoke 5,6 cigarettes a day.She bluffs when asked why she does that.When i smoke,she objurgates.She is 5 years elder than me.I feel she is trying to cowardize me just becoz i am younger than her.This really annoys me.How to get rid of these feelings?where and how to get help?Thank you.

Dr. Soumitra Das
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Alappuzha
you need to do your part. you need to stop. Then you can stop her problem
Dr. Divya Shree K.R
Psychiatrist 10 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, smoking is a addictive habit.Often people who smoke lie about it because they are not able to stop. It can be treated with nicotine replacement therapy and anticraving medications. Have a frank discussion with her. Don't be confrontational. Tell her that you are concerned about her health.Offer her help. This should work.