Giardiasis
Sir, I am suffering from giardiasis from last 4 month. Also my stool sample detected with ascarisis . Symptoms are 6 to 7 bowel movement a day , Tenderness around stomach area feel bloated,gas, nausia,dizziness, headache and weight loss. I went to a doctor prescribed me bandy plus and satronidazole . I feel quite good for 2 to 3 days but symptoms return after that now the drug do not have any effect on the buggs. Went to another doctor tried Tinidazole and one drug for faultulance . but is also gives temporary relief. I live in Delhi now don't know what to do as my doctor is saying that take pain killer for your fevar and take acid blocker for gas problem. Can some one please help me and suggest me good doc in Delhi or any advice on drug resistant giardiasis As the below are not working Metrogyl Tinidazole Satrogyl-o Albandzole Nitazonxide So that I request to my doc for that prescription. Please help I lost all hopes and now at the end of rope.

Hello There. I can understand your concern. when was this stool test done and when was the diagnosis established. if it was done 4 months back and still you think after all these medicines you have worm infestation, then you may be wrong. it could be something else. you have loose stools , which could be due to even IBS. kindly consult a gastroenterologist near you for further evaluation and management. BEST REGARDS, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Aseem Dewan
Consultant Physician 13 yrs exp Delhi

Please meet Dr. Rohit Goyal Gastroenterologist At max hospital patparganj
Dr. Pankaj Kumar
General Physician 10 yrs exp Delhi

Eradication of Ascaris is difficult but not impossible. Do not lose hope. From your history i can understand you are very anxious. Please come to my clinic in Old Rajender Nagar. I will sure help to get rid of your problem.. All d best
Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

Your symptoms may be more due to ascariasis. You can try tab ivermectin 0.2mg/kg orally once. Also check for liver function tests,serum amylase and lipase. I suggest you to undergo a endoscopy/colonoscopy.
Dr. Rajashekhar
Hello get stool test for culture sensitivity done and then consult gastroenterologist and then decide bye