Gerd,nausea lump n throat

Struggling frm gerd for 4 years. gastroscopy results shows haitus hernia 40cm .feeling nausea nd lump in throat all d time.. stress level also high. can surgery solve gerd prblm?? can't make up my mind to do that 24hr ph metry test. feeling that it wld be horrible experience.

Doctor Answers (1) on Gerd,nausea lump n throat

Dr. Sachin Wani Thane | Gastroenterologist
U need a proper assessment by a surgeon,, of your symptoms clinically to establish volume reflux and Gerd.. Gastro scopy has told that you hav a hiatus Hernia.. There is no need of 24 hr pH metry if you symptoms match with your gastroscopy.. What you need is esophageal manometry... A small miniature tube... 1/10 of size of endoscopy tube... Which you already hav gone through.. That wil establish whether you require surgery called Lap fundoplication and how much you will benefit from it. normally.. Of my pts who hav underwent this surgery... Those who had volume reflux did the best from surgery.