Genital Wart

My wife is having a genital wart..? Is there any medicine available that can remove and cure genital wart.? I came to know that it is caused by HPV virus. Does it is related to cervical cancer also.?

hello there. you need to first show it to a surgeon or a gynaecologist. yes HPV is associated with ca. cervix. regards
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. Warts are caused by HPV virus of which there are several strains. Some are associated with cancer whilst some are not. Presently checking for HPV strains when doing a pap smear is available in some clinics. This is helpful in determining long term risk of CA CX. Sometimes vulval warts (those that are visible) can be associated with warts inside the vagina or on the cervix. This needs a Gynae assessment. Depending upon the type, location and number of warts treatment can be medical, surgical or ablative using cautery, freezing or laser vaporisation. Each has its own risks side effects and advantages. Your doctor will give you further advice about what is best for you. You will both need assessment for other infections and will need to abstain from sex or use condoms till the lesions clear completely. hope this helps