Genetic problem in child

Hi doc, i got married to the daughter of my fathers sister... Its been 11 months to my marriage.. Now we are trying for a baby... Just need to ask which tests are recommended to avoid genetic problems in child.. Thank you in advance.
views-icons 27 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello,There are only tests available to detect genetic problems, but no testes available to avoid genetic problems. When your wife become pregnant she needs to undergo ultrasound scan between 16-20weeks of pregnancy to see the baby has any anomoly, depending on that your doctor may advice blood tests on fetus or may ask to discontinue the pregnancy or if no abnormalities then to continue the pregnancy
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?