General Awareness

I would like to formally apologize before asking this question because it might seem juvenile but after having heard and read a few things i am under a lot of confusion regarding this particular topic, My college organized a private health awareness program for women in which the health care professional said that it is in some cases,possible for women to have regular cycles while being pregnant which often leads to finding out pregnancies very late and other problems.Is it really possible?(Although it seems contrary to what we have been taught)

Dr. Aarti Kulkarni
Ayurveda 8 yrs exp Thane

Menstruation while pregnant is not common.  Bleeding in pregnancy has multiple reasons. 
Dr. Aaditi Acharya Sharma
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Delhi

Yes it is possible for some patients to have menstrual periods for some time in pregnancy. They might not be as heavy as normal periods bit quite timely
Dr. Deepti Gupta
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Kolkata
Hi ...in most cases your peroids stop coming when a person gets pregnant. But in very few cases a person can still get her mensus for a few months even after getting pregnant. In most of these cases the peroids are scanty with less flow Thanks Dr Deepti Gupta