Gas and tummy pain

I recently started to work, and my eating schedule changed drastically. I skipped meals and ate at odd times. Its was all fine until one day i got serious tummy pain and discomfort due to Gas. From that day on i've been observing whenever i dont eat on time i get grumbling noise in stomach. And now sometimes even when i eat on time and good homemade food i get gas and grumbling noise. This never happened before. What is the best thing other than going to a doctor? My mother says i need to drink lot more water but that failed too. Also i am concerned that i may have worms in my stomach. I used to have a cat before which had worms and used to sleep on my bed.

Doctor Answers (1) on Gas and tummy pain

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... It's gastritis, Gastritis is the most commonly seen problem these days .. Medicines can only give temporary relief.. Strict diet and lifestyle change can bring gastritis under control. Avoid spicy, hot ,high protein containing foods like fish .Take dal rice , butter milk ,curd rice ,drink plenty of water , Have food at regular timing.