Gas and acidity

I was asked to do a USG and the test report for gall bladder states: Gall bladder is distended and appears tender on sonographic palpation. Wall thickness is 0.41 cm. Multiple small mobile echogenic calculi are seen in GB lumen casting distal acaustic shadow. One of which (1.15 cm x 1.05 cm) is seen impacted at GB neck. Please advise what next to be done.

Hello there. I can understand your concern and I hope you are not in too much pain. As per your reports you have multiple gall stones. The gall stones may be causing you pain. Strict diet control is recommended in such cases like avoiding oily foods altogether. Drink lots of water. Consult a general surgeon for further management, the gall stones may need to be removed by surgery if causing excess problems. Follow strict diet control. Avoid smoking and alcohol intake . avoid tea/coffee and other carbonated beverages. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Dr. Harsha
Hi there....you need consult a general surgeon with the above report. Pain usually develops when there is inflammation of the gall bladder. This inflammation could be caused by the gall stones. When the gall stones are causing any disturbance like inflammatory reaction, disrupting digestion then surgery is usually considered. There are both open and laparoscopic surgeries available. So kindly consult a general surgeon with your ultrasound report.