Gallstones & kidney stone

My father is currently facing with a problem of gallbladder stone along with kidney stone. He is having continuous pain in left side of the stomach because of kidney stone .He consulted with a doctor and the doctor gave some medicine to reduce the pain and asked to go for surgery when there would be no pain at all. Can you please suggest me for some better option? Is there a way to remove stones of both gallbladder and kidney without surgery? And if it is or it is not , what will be the estimated cost to remove those stones by any mean ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Gallstones & kidney stone

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... medical measures that can be taken to remove stones or relive symptoms, they are only temporary. If a patient has symptoms from gallstones, surgical removal of the gallbladder is the best treatment.... For renal stones...medical management will help... However.., larger stones requires intervention....