Fungus infection/Ring

My sister has ring marks on her body. she changed many doctors in last 4 months, all treatments and medicines are not giving good results. she feels too much of itching on effected areas. also by taking so much of medicines and all she is gaining weight. please take a look on pictures of effected areas. provide solution or guide for good dermatologist in Ludhiana(punjab). Thanks
views-icons 44 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Rajdeep

I am hoping your sister has not been given steroids as that can cause weight gain and make the infection spread, apart from a variety of other side effects. She will need a course of antifungal tablets. Sometimes fungi become resistant to regular anti fungals and higher antifungal will be needed. Also in resistant cases it can take 3 to 6 months to cure the infection. She might also need to get her blood sugar levels checked as repeated infections are more common in diabetics. Please visit a qualified dermatologist whom you have faith in regularly till the infection clears up. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore