Fungus infection on skin
Hi,I m female 35 yearold,I m having Polycist kidney disease,my creatinne level is 0.6,from past one year I m having skin prb(fungus) and i scared of taking oral medicine.plz advice me Shuld I take oral medicine or not.

Dr. Vilas Jagdale
Cosmetologist 9 yrs exp Aurangabad
Good result on fungal problem in homeopathy.
Dr. Dhwani Shah (Vakta)
Dermatologist 6 yrs exp Ahmedabad
oral antifungal tablets are safe for you but you should start after consulting Dermatologist. Nowadays resistant fungal infection is very common so you should continue applying antifungal cream for 4-6 months along with antifungal powder to keep area dry in Mumbai 's humid climate.
Dr. D.P. Jayanth
Dermatologist 16 yrs exp Mysore
Fungal skin infection needs antifungal cream as a first line treatment. If the surface area involved is less and your general health and immunity are good, a cream is enough. If there is more surface area involved, you may need anti fungal tablets. Since you have kidney disease, you are afraid of anti fungal tablets damaging the kidney. You need to know that certain drugs pass through kidneys and certain drugs pass through the liver before they are excreted or removed from the body .Anti fungal tablets (fluconazole, terbinafine and itraconazole- for example) pass through the liver and not the kidney. So, they are generally safe for you. Kindly consult a dermatologist to know if anti fungal cream is sufficient or tablets are needed.