Fungal Infection( tinea )

I am having tinea in my buttocks and skin infection in shoulder for more than 1 year. Tried many medicines but not effective.
views-icons 136 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Fungal Infection( tinea )

doctor profile image
Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
6 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Dermatologist

INR 350 for 24 hrs

Hi. Greetings. Firstly - may have to confirm if it's fungal infection at all by koh examination by dermatologist.Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed long term depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Bangalore.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?