Fungal infection

Dear Doctor, I had visited a gynaecologist 2 weeks ago. I was diagnosed with fungal infection in and around my vagina, slight redness and swelling in inner labia and periniem. I was prescribed FAS-3 kit for one day, Cansoft CL vaginal suppositories for 3 consecutive days, V wash and Candid-B ointment for a week. I was doing well for sometime but I have started to have burning and itching once again along with some discharge. I also have discomfort while wearing panties or tight clothes like jeans and there is pain and swelling on the sides of the clitoris. Should I continue the medication and how? Please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Fungal infection

Dr. Sushma Purohit Raipur | Gynecologist
Dear patient, You were given good treatment by your gynecologist but fungal infection is very resistant so if you Will take irregular treatment it will persist . Again consult your gynecologist ,she Will reexamine you put you on antifungal for 2 months.Also exclude diabetes and thyroid problem. Incidence of fungal infection rises in summer so maintain hygiene and wear cotton undergarments.