Fungal infection, dandruf

Hi, I have this problem since 2 years, it got started during my job where I had to wear a cap. I have a got an itchy scalp having a layer formed of dry substance, it's very irritating sometimes causing lot of damage to hairs and causing root pain. I have tried all home remedies, homeopathy but not able to cure. Some say not to use shampoo and also not to use any type of oil, I have tried that also but that causes more irritating scalp. Also I would like to add, I workout daily have the ability to release lot of sweat and after that I have to wash my head which I can't avoid. I hope you can just some good solution to this problem.

Doctor Answers (1) on Fungal infection, dandruf

Hello! From the description it sounds more like scalp psoriasis. You can go through my health feed on practo on Understanding Dandruff. If you can send clinical pictures, can help you better. Meanwhile some general measures can help. 1.keep hair short. 2. You can use oil, but on clean washed scalp. Avoid ones containing heavy fragrance or menthol or camphor. 3. Use shampoos containing a conditioner, avoid fruit flavoured ones. 4. Modify your schedule so you can take care of your scalp and health both.  5. Avoid protein supplements. 6. Avoid excessively spicy and salty food. Hope this helps.