Frequent urination

For the last 2-3 years, I have woken up at night 3-4 times almost every day, to urinate urgently. I had a recent ultrasound scan, and there was no problem with the prostrate. I am not diabetic either. I try and reduce fluid intake after 6pm on most days, but still the problem is there. What are the possible causes?

Doctor Answers (1) on Frequent urination

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern and going by the history that you don't have diabetes, you restrict fluid intake in the night etc, BPH fits your condition. I would like you to get a ultrasound with a comment of pre void and post void values. Do you feel that some amount of urine is still left inside? Consult a general surgeon for further evaluation and treatment of your case. Are you a hypertensive? Are you on any medications? Certain antihypertensive drugs cause diuresis. Consult a general physician/surgeon for further help. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.