Frequent urination

For the last 2-3 years, I have woken up at night 3-4 times almost every day, to urinate urgently. I had a recent ultrasound scan, and there was no problem with the prostrate. I am not diabetic either. I try and reduce fluid intake after 6pm on most days, but still the problem is there. What are the possible causes?

Hello there. I can understand your concern and going by the history that you don't have diabetes, you restrict fluid intake in the night etc, BPH fits your condition. I would like you to get a ultrasound with a comment of pre void and post void values. Do you feel that some amount of urine is still left inside? Consult a general surgeon for further evaluation and treatment of your case. Are you a hypertensive? Are you on any medications? Certain antihypertensive drugs cause diuresis. Consult a general physician/surgeon for further help. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.