Food items in pregnancy

Hi I am 18weeks pregnant... Can I have cheese in my food diet.. If so how many times in a week can I eat. Is there any side effects on eating cheese in pregnancy?

Doctor Answers (1) on Food items in pregnancy

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello. Moderate physical activity is actually good for health but it should not be done severely. As far as the diet is concerned take daily twice one glass of milk, egg white, fresh raw sprouts. Have apples, citrus fruits, nuts, green leafy vegetables. Certain pergnant woman has craving of chocolates, ice cream, certain foods which is quite natural.If you are a non vegetarian, then a meal which is not spicy and not oily can also be taken. Try to do some breathing excercise like pranayama and meditation to keep in check of stress levels. Try to be comfortable as possible by keeping extra pillows if you want while sleeping. Try to take ample amount of fluids to stay hydrated.If you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician for further management.