Fits complications

I got fits on Nov 2011 3.30am at home for the first time.MRI scan is taken but it is said normal n again it had occured on Apr 2013 while I'm traveling in train...can I know the reason why fits occur? Any future possibilities to occur? Any complications further??? Can I know the difference between seizures n epilepsy??

Doctor Answers (2) on Fits complications

Dr. M. Kodeeswaran Chennai | Neurosurgeon
Seizures are mainly due to electrical conduction abnormalities in the brain cells and it will lead to abnormal movements in limbs..so it is usually controlled by medications and it should be continued for some time..so continue the medications as per your neurologist advice..Seizures and epilepsy are same
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...in adolescence and young adulthood, non-compliance with the medication regimen and sleep deprivation are potential triggers.it could also be due to metabolism disturbances ,,high grade fever .repepatation of fits depends on cause... Repeated attack of seizure is called epilepsy .one need to take long term medication in such cases