Fever from almost 10 days

Hi Doc My wife is suffering from fever from almost 12 days. From 4th May or so. She was diagnosed with high fever and visited Doc on 6th in Apollo clinic. All kind of fever tests were done and was negative and hence continued medicine for virul. It went down after 2-3 days and she started going to office. Again after a day when she used to return from offc on afternoon, she started to get mild fever of 99.8/99.9. Slowly fever started coming again in morning evening afternoon and visited the doc again on 15th. Doc suggested it might because of Cynus infection and suggested medicine for 3 more days. Still she is getting fever 3 times a day. Some antibiotics and all are giving her upset stomach and abdominal pain as well. Please suggest what should be done next?

Doctor Answers (2) on Fever from almost 10 days

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Give her paracetamol 650mg thrice a day. Check if she is taking the antibiotics properly. Get a few tests like CBC, MP, WIDAL, URINE COMPLETE, urine culture and sensitivity. DENGUE SEROLOGY done again and as said by my colleague at a different lab but in a standard lab. Revert back with the reports and also the prescription of what medicines she is taking. She might need a change in her antibiotics as the ones she is taking may not be effective on what she has. Hope to hear soon from you. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Sir, High fever for such a long duration is not good and needs evaluation. I would recommend that you again check her specifically for Malaria, Dengue and Typhoid. This time check her in a different lab. Sometimes a test done wrongly can give false negative results as well. Just redo these tests and also routine blood test(CBC).