Fever during evening
Hi Doctor - My 12 months old daughter is suffering high temperature 102 fever. I took her to the nearest hospital the doctor prescribed calpol syrup 4 ml morning and evening, taximo suspension for 4 days. It's been 2 days already.during daytime she seems to be fine but after evening her temperature becomes high. She is refusing for any food or milk other than her mother's milk. It worries both of us. Please suggest.

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, it is pretty common to see refusal of feeds in infants when they fall sick. Usual viral fever causes same symptoms as your child is having, even with treatment it takes 3 to 5 days to relieve. Key is it is important to maintain hydration of your baby with frequent breast feeding and with ors solution. If baby doesn't take even a small sips frequently, kindly consult pediatrician at the earliest and may need few blood tests.