Fever and cough

Hi my husband has fever since last night. 100.5 along with body ache and cough. Gave crocin advance and fever came down in the morning . It was 99 but now again after an hour it has become 100. Should I continue with crocin advance? And what food should be given during fever

Doctor Answers (2) on Fever and cough

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. His fever can be due to upper respiratory tract infection of viral etiology. You can continue crocin advance upto thrice a day but if it still doesn't resolve then you have to take him to a general physician. Viral issues are usually self contained and only supportive treatment is required. But if it's bacterial, then antibiotics can be required and for that you will have to be examined to find out if it's bacterial or viral. Consult with your family physician or any general physician in person for further help. Best regards
Madam If the fever is due to respiratory problems you can give normal diet