Feeling shy around girls.
I feel very shy talking with girls. Just a very casual touch by a girl feels like current passing through my whole body. Feel like flying in the air. Experiencing since Class 4(Not just from 9th std). Studied in a co-ed since LKG. Very poor academic performer. Hyperactive in sports. Is this shyness a psychic illness.Ty

Dr. Pradeep Palaniappan
Psychiatrist 12 yrs exp Coimbatore
As you say,it seems like you are not able to mingle with girls because of this anxiety. Every person may have some amount of anxiety, but if it is disabling you, you should seek help from a psychiatrist or psychologist. In professional terms we call this as social phobia. Don't leave it to disturb you