Feeling of tightness in b

My mother was alright around 6-8months back when she developed a feeling of back stiffness located in the centre. The stiffness is like something is tight and it is in the lumbar region. It first involved the whole lumbar region but now since a month it is in the centre only. It comes in on and off type.when she sits with bad posture I meant not straight she develops such tightness which is not seen always and subsides on lying down for some time. She had undergone hysterectomy which was done through laproscopy and vaginally.

Doctor Answers (1) on Feeling of tightness in b

Thanks for asking me to respond. It's likely that your mom has a disc related issue. It would be a good idea to visit the nearest ortho surgeon who can examine her and order the necessary tests. This may include xrays and an MRI scan. He will also prescribe meds for the same. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so. She will also benefit from physio after the pain and stiffness subsides.