Fear of situations

Having excess of petty issue. Over thinking things and unable to face the situation. I am well aware that the issue is minor and it will not lead to anything big. Still finding it difficult to face it. It maybe with a boss, mom, or even younger siblings. Feel corned, asked a question and mocked when unable to answer. This has been making me run aways from jobs, frustrated with home, the people close to me... Are not genuine.
views-icons 35 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Fear of situations

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hey, It's not about how small or big the situations are but about how exactly they have been affecting you. The extent of your sensitivity to judgement, scrutiny or criticism by people at your home or office shows that you have a shaky self image. You keep judging your self worth extensively based on the feedback of others hence try to avoid exposing yourself into any situation which might alter your self-image additionally you tend to judge the other person too harshly based on few instances where they weren't nice to you . You are going through lot of fear, anxiety and pain in the process. I would like you to make a list of everything you thought about yourself at the age of 10, 16 and 23. Check if you have changed in some way or remained same..?? Our self-image is something which is supposed to eventually alter as we grow. It is to have both strengths and weaknesses so that one can enhance strengths and work on weaknesses. Judgement from others just gives us an idea of only that part we have been showing to society which they have been interpreting through their own way of understanding things. They just give you another perspective about your life however many of them tend to take your strengths for granted and point out weaknesses. In this case it would help to point out their strengths so that they become sensitive to beauty even in others. If you have been feeling worthless so far, just remember that now you are aware of the areas which are important to you and can work on those areas. Stop judging whole person based on his/her few comments because he/she as well as you, yourself have much more to you than what's being exposed or pointed out in those comments. Start believing in the person you know, you could be and start building her patiently. Take Care.