Fear of public speaking

Whenever i speak in front of public or during interviews, my heart starts beating fast , shivering in legs and my voice starts shaking. How to cure this ???

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi it is very common issue with mist of us Even you meet the best of orators and speakers and ask them even they would say I am nervous. Because every crowd and speech is new to them too. Fix an appointment with a counsellor and get it resolved easily by some simple and easy to follow techiques.
Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. It is very common to have anxiety, nervousness, sweating when speaking in public or interviews. Firstly you can try conservative measures like yoga, mediation or relaxation excercises to relax your mind and cool your body. If this doesn't help then you might have to be checked for any thyroid disorders. Even if that is normal, then consult a psychiatrist. They will be able to councel your and if needed even provide anti anxiety drugs like beta blockers.