Fatty liver

I have Grade I fatty liver. not getting any remedy to it.anyone can please suggest medication to get rid of it?

Doctor Answers (1) on Fatty liver

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there... It's normal to have some amount of fat in case liver when it exceeds 5 to 10 percent of your liver weight then it is referred as fatty liver... It can be alcoholic fatty liver,obesity,hyperlipidemia, or high levels of fats in the blood,diabetes,genetic inheritance,rapid weight loss,side effect of certain medications, including aspirin, steroids, tamoxifen, and you need to have clinical examination and evaluation to find the cause as treatment is mainly reducing risk factors as there is no specific medication for fatty liver... If you are alcoholic quit as soon as possible, obese try to reduce weight, if diabetic keep your glucose levels under control... Do regular exercise,yoga, pranayama, meditation etc...Consult physician they will guide you further.