Fathet at 40
I am planning to become a father at 40. My wife is also of same age. We have been married for 3 years now. I suffer from Epilepsy with minor seizures once in 6 months or so. I want to know how safe it would be for my wife and the kid due to the above. I also face problems in having a relaxed intercourse, and suffer from erection issues. What would you suggest? Thanks.

Dr. Jyoti Bhaskar
Gynecologist 26 yrs exp Ghaziabad
First of all... epilepsy will have no major effect on your baby or wife. Mire important is to be aggressive about having a pregnancy. Age of 40 yrs... is not on the right side for your wife. Consult a infertility specialist at the earliest. We need to evaluate u both and chalk out a road map for conception.