diabetes-icon

Fat in Liver

Dear sir my ultrasound test reports that there is mild to moderate fatty change in liver.how serious is this.my body fat is 24.4%.what harm this can do.what are the dos and don't in good and other activities.

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

You will need to cut down fat intake in the form of oily food, fast food, bakery products, red meat etc. Also, exercise regularly, increase intake of water and fibre in the form of salads and vegetables. Check your lipid profile and fasting and post lunch blood sugar levels too, especially if you have a blood relative with diabetes or cholesterol or heart problems. It is appreciable that you are concerned about your health at this age.

Hello......fatty liver is usual finding , don't worry too much, chronic alcoholic will have this condition... Always signs and symptoms should be correlated with the investigation, if you don't have any symptoms related to liver then don't worry.... If you are alcoholic you must quit it......