cardiologist-icon

Fainting once in 3 months

Hi Sir my sister is physically fit and doesn't have any other problems. She suddenly fainted one day and took 15 minutes to come to consciousness. This happens once in 3 to 4 months. She thinks it's low BP and takes salt water everyday. She has synus problem. Could you let us know what kind of problem it is. Will it have major impact on her health. What should be remedy for the problem?

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Noida

I would advise you to consult a neurologist From cardiac side get and ECG and an echo done Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist

Hello.... Fainting could be due to hypoglycemia or low blood pressure orthostatic hypo tension.., first you must take take her to general physician to know the cause for this... Simply taking home medicine on her own will not work... Tell her to drink lot of water.. Too much salt intake is not necessary because excess salt will be passed in urine.