Facing hair loss

I am suffering with hair loss. Presently, I am using 1ml of Minoxodil 5 % and taking multivitamin tablet before bed. I am going to take hair loss treatment. But I am getting confused with many types of treatments such as prp, stem cell. Some clinics are saying combination of stem cell and prp is good. Some other are saying only prp is enough. I have read in the Google that stem cell is like planting seeds and prp is like fertilizer. I came to conclusion that combination of stem cell and prp is good to take. Am I right?? Please suggest me combination is good or only prp is good.

Doctor Answers (1) on Facing hair loss

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
I personally feel (this is a strictly personal opinion, kindly do not generalize it) that stem cell therapy shouldn't be tried at all. It is an extremely under researched and over rated procedure. Now, regarding PRP, I feel that it gives just about okay results, but the results last only if you keep using Minoxidil. What I think is that prp increases the rate of response to topical treatment not add to the treatment. So, with plain Minoxidil if you were going to get results in 6 months , with prp you might get THE SAME RESULTS in 3 months... NOT EXTRA RESULTS. Finally, the decision is up to you. I've merely voiced my opinion since you asked. I'm not a fan of either procedures.