Facial hair

Hi , I have facial and body hair, acne and skin tags in neck. Periods are monthly on time but scanty. My weight is in proportion to my height. I take spironolactone for acne and hirsutism. But no change in hirsutism. Please help with diet and medicine. I am very upset because of it.

Doctor Answers (1) on Facial hair

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Usually females dont get facial hairs or the hair will be vry thin. Getting coarse hair over face is called hirsutism. It may be hereditary or due to hormonal imbalance conditions where there is excess of androgens or insulin resistance like obesity or pcos . if u hav irregular cycles wit facial hair den better to consult gynaecologist. Treatment of unwanted facial hair include threading, laser removal and once u hav removed, to avoid regrowth hair thinning creams are available which reduce hair growth n thin the coarse hairs. Its better to Consult dermatologist once..