Face pimple/abcess
I had a painful pimple like development on my chin last week. Now it had become less painful but seems like some pus is filled and it seems little deep. What do I do?

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi You may be having folliculitis which is a hair follicles infection. This is a common skin infection by staphylococcus bacteria. Please use hot formentation on the area thrice a day. Apply a antibiotic cream as well. If not better you may need oral antibiotics as well as removal of the pus. Do not squeeze the pus yourself as you may spread the infection deeper. Please contact a dermatologist who can examine you and prescribe the appropriate skin care products and treatments