Face pimple/abcess
I had a painful pimple like development on my chin last week. Now it had become less painful but seems like some pus is filled and it seems little deep. What do I do?
80 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Rasya Dixit
Dermatologist 14 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹500 for 24 hrs

Hi You may be having folliculitis which is a hair follicles infection. This is a common skin infection by staphylococcus bacteria. Please use hot formentation on the area thrice a day. Apply a antibiotic cream as well. If not better you may need oral antibiotics as well as removal of the pus. Do not squeeze the pus yourself as you may spread the infection deeper. Please contact a dermatologist who can examine you and prescribe the appropriate skin care products and treatments
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.