Face fat problem

I'm not fat in general. But my face has accumulated much fat over the last two years. Should I get tested for something? If it's not a serious concern, what are the ways to reduce it besides exercise?
I live a sedentary lifestyle mostly, go to bed late and wake up late, drink occasionally, and never smoke.
views-icons 17 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Face fat problem

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Fat deposition happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for fat reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...Ask yourself these questions about any diet plan you're considering:
Does it include various foods from the major food groups: fruits, vegetables, grains, low-fat dairy products, lean protein sources and nuts?
Does it include foods you like and that you would enjoy eating for a lifetime — not just for several weeks or months?
Can you easily find these foods in your local grocery store?
Will you be able to eat your favorite foods, or better yet, all foods?
Does it fit your lifestyle and budget?
Does it include proper amounts of nutrients and calories to help you lose fat safely and effectively?Is regular physical activity part of the plan?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, keep looking. There are better diet plans out there for you.
Consult dietitian fallow the diet chart can see the beneficial effects within a month..consult physicians to rule out pathologies