Eyelid chalazion

Hi I am suffering from a chalazion in my lower eyelid for past 2 months .. After giving hot water compress , it has formed a small tissue in the eyelid . Doctors say it's because of rupture of the chalazion. It looks like a tissue with little discharge coming out of it..is surgery the only remedy?

Doctor Answers (3) on Eyelid chalazion

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
8 yrs. of exp | Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello U can try intralesional kenacort injection before incision and currettage is attempted
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello there..... If your chalazion doesn't respond to the compresses, your doctor will advice you for further treatment. The ophthalmologist may decide to inject the chalazion with steroids, which should stop the inflammation and cause the lump to go away in a week or two. A second injection may be necessary.... If the injections don't work, the lump can be removed surgically.... Consult Ophthalmologist.....
Dr. Hetalkumar Yagnik
10 yrs. of exp | Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
If the chalazion has burst open and granulation tissue is protruding out the incision and drainage is the choice of treatment.it will not resolve by any other measure.in fact it will infect other meibomian glands.there after get glasses checked as it is main culprit for stye or chalazion.sencondly check diabetes status. Revert with reports.