Eye watering

My eyes are watering for the past few days. I also feel a little dizzy sometimes. I use spectacles and lens for daily wear. Is this because of continuous use of laptop in the office and mobile phone? Or has the number of my specs changed?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello dear...this is due to computer vision syndrome...means when u work on laptop...mobile for long..then blink rate decreases leading to dryness of cornea(black round portion of eye)...use contact lens with proper care for 8 hrs/day....take breaks after every 2 hrs of computer work ....Blink a lot...do cold compresses.....use good quality lubricating eyedrop

Hello, if the power of lens has changed then you will find difficulty in seeing . The most common cause of watering eyes among adults is blocked ducts. Duct can block due to inflammation , Irritated eyes may produce more tears than normal one. Continuously staring at screen will irritate your eye . Close your eyes and relax for sometime . Blink your eyes often . Don't work in a dark room . Make sure your sorrounding is well ventilated .