Eye Vision

I am having a problem with my right eye. Lot of itching sensation for past 3 days. I feel like my vision is being obstructed. Can anyone pls suggest me eye drops or solution for this.
views-icons 56 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to. Regarding vision consult local opthalmologist
Dr. Arun Rajan
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 7 yrs exp Tirunelveli

Your complaints are a tad vague to make a diagnosis, as there are a lot of possibilities. As you are having blurred vision, your cornea might be involved. It's better if you consult an Ophthalmologist for an eye examination to rule out conjunctivitis , lid infections or a foreign body and get proper treatment. Be careful: if you are having discharge along with the itching, it may be an infection and your condition may be contagious. So use separate towels and bed sheets and always wash your hands after touching your eyes or the discharge from your eyes.
Dr. Nikhil Negalur
Ophthalmologist 10 yrs exp Pune
Itching of the eye can be due do an allergic eye condition. Severe itching can obstruct vision temporarily. Pls consult your ophthalmologist for a preliminary examination. If it is only allergic in nature, a simple eye drop prescription should surfice.