Eye swollen up

I'm 16 years old I have swelling on the left side of my left eye. It's been there for a couple of weeks. Now I am having a sty kind of thing on my upper eyelid with frequent pain .
I seek your guidance

Doctor Answers (1) on Eye swollen up

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Until your sty goes away on its own, try to:

Leave the sty alone. Don't try to pop the sty or squeeze the pus from a sty. Doing so can cause the infection to spread.
Clean your eyelid. Gently wash the affected eyelid with mild soap and water.
Place a warm washcloth over your closed eye. To relieve pain, run warm water over a clean washcloth. Wring out the washcloth and place it over your closed eye. Re-wet the washcloth when it loses heat. Continue this for 5 to 10 minutes. Then gently massage the eyelid. Repeating this two to three times a day may encourage the sty to drain on its own.
Keep your eye clean. Don't wear eye makeup until the sty has healed.
Go without contacts lenses. Contact lenses can be contaminated with bacteria associated with a sty. If you wear contacts, try to go without them until your sty goes away.
Consult Ophthalmologist...