Eye problem.

For quite few weeks I have noticed that My right eye is bigger than my left eye.. Is that a silent sinus problem?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

increase in size of the eye ball is known as proptosis, its not a common condition most of the times its just swelling of one eye due to infection or allergy which seems like proptosis first you should consult a ophthalmologist (eye specialist) and rule out any infection if everything is normal in your eyes except for swelling then consult a nearby ENT specialist and get a CT SCAN of your paranasal sinuses, which will surely give a diagnosis. coming to silent sinus syndrome, its a very rare entity and its very unlikely diagnosis and in silent sinus presents with enaphthalmos which is collapse of one eye ball rather than proptosis which is prominence of one eye hope this information will help you get back if you have any queries