Eye laser suggestion

I have a long site problem. Planning to have eye laser so that my eye sight will be normal. I heard there are many type laser operations. Can you please suggest which was best type of operation. Also Can you tell me are there any side effects? And how many days do i have to rest after the laser surgery

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hi At your age laser will not help u much After some time you will get cataract and ur vision will again come down
Dr. Pranav Dave
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 11 yrs exp Surat

Same as Dr Amarjeet said
Dr. Amarjeet
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 12 yrs exp Vadodara
Well the procedure today can be said to be 100% safe, but a proper case selection is very important or you can land up in a difficult situation. So, make sure you do it at a very good centre. The customized ablation is the best & relatively affordable option. You can opt for a femto lasik if cost is not a concern. You need to rest for 2 days following the procedure. The problem of glare, night vision / driving problem, dry eye are the most common side effects though they do not last more than 3 months in most cases. But you need get a detailed check up done to rule out any corneal or retinal pathology before you opt for the procedure.