Eye got red blood spot..

Hello Doctor, I got red blood color spot in my left eye since morning and it is there till now. Not feeling any pain but can feel little strain and lack of sleep. The spot is quarter size of retina and red blood color at the white area. Plz advice

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. Plz dont panic 2.this must be sub conjuctival hemorrhage. 3. Just observe for few days and it wil go in 2 weeks tym
Sir, you should know that sneezing,coughing, straining in the toilet, vomiting,lifting heavy objects or any thing which increases pressure can cause spontaneous rupture of the subconjunctival blood vessels leading to subconjunctival haemorrhage which presents like this and it generally resolves of within few weeks. Other causes like trauma to the eye,blood thinners,eye surgeries,sickle cell disease,infections, trauma to the head etc might also cause this and if you have pain in the eye or difficulty in vision or the blood spot is extending till the black area ( iris) in the eye.kindly consult a ophthalmologist for further management.