Extreme hair thining

I am a young journalist and so i roam a lot. I take head bath 3 times a week. I have a very thin and soft hair. The scalp on the front side of my head and the side part of my head is very visible and gives me a aged look. My hair gets oily a day after i wash it with shampoo. My father is bald but my mother has normal hair. What should i do to prevent hairfall.. i have no dandruff problem. I have a straight thin oily hair.

Doctor Answers (1) on Extreme hair thining

Hair fall can have as many reasons as we can think of. The most common being genetic which can be modified by the environment we live. If there is a family history of hair loss, then it becomes more likely. Meet a Dermatologist for beginning a treatment plan. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. Have patience as initial improvement takes few months to be visible though hair loss should stop in a couple of weeks,