Excessive white discharge

Hello, I m facing problem of excessive white discharge and severe pain during periods,after I got married. We are planning for baby but I m not conceiving. Need help

Doctor Answers (1) on Excessive white discharge

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
A bit of white discharge, especially at the beginning or end of your menstrual cycle, is normal. However, if the discharge is accompanied by itching and has a thick, cottage cheese-like consistency or appearance, it’s not normal and needs treatment. This type of discharge may be a sign of a yeast (Candida) infection. To prevent infections, you should practice good hygiene and wear breathable cotton underwear. Don’t use douches because they can make discharge worse by removing useful bacteria. You should also practice safe sex and use protection to avoid sexually transmitted diseases. To decrease the likelihood of yeast infections when taking antibiotics, eat yogurt that contains live and active cultures. If you know you have a yeast infection, you can also treat it with an over-the-counter yeast infection cream or suppository.