Excessive weight gain

In past 2 years , I have put on 20kgs of weight. Now my current weight is 98kg . I have controlled my diet and do not take sugar in any form. Instead of that I take sugar free but the weight has stopped increasing but there is no weight loss at all. Can anyone suggest me good diet chart as my office hours are odd for gym.

Doctor Answers (1) on Excessive weight gain

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same