Excessive saliva produce
I have a problem of producing excessive saliva all day long. I have to keep spitting out. I have this problem since many years. I exercise regularly.I do not smoke or drink. I feel the urge to burp also many times. Spitting all the time is really frustrating. If I gulp down the saliva I feel nauseas. please help.

Dr. Harisha N L

Hypersalivation may be a result of hypersecretion (primary sialorrhea) of the salivary glands but is more commonly due to impaired neuromuscular control with dysfunctional voluntary oral motor activity that leads to an overflow of saliva from the mouth (secondary sialorrhea). Patients often have inefficient and infrequent swallowing, which further compounds the problem. Furthermore, problems with positioning due to poor head control and decreased neck strength magnify the effects. An enlarged tongue or tongue thrusting with poor control can contribute to the problem of drooling. Finally, dental caries and infection and diseased gingival tissues with gingivitis can markedly increase drooling....Consult nearest physician they will help you further Regards.