Excessive hair fall

I have excessive hair fall using bontress and biotin supplements but no results. Started 1 month ago

Doctor Answers (1) on Excessive hair fall

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
1. How many hair do you loose? If more than 100 then it's Pathological . If less then 100 then you might be in the hair shedding season... which means that you are physiologically shedding hair. Every woman sheds hair at least 2 or 3 times a year. It is seasonal. Try to figure out if that is happening. For e.g. my season is the winter. 2. Were you sick 3 months ago? You could be having Telogen effluvium which will settle in 6 months
3. Do you have irregular periods ? If yes then you might have triggered the Female pattern hair loss for which you will need prescription medicines
4. Are you anemic? Do you have thyroid problems? These you can because hair fall
Remember that hair fall cannot be treated by only one shampoo. Go to a dermatologist... the doctor will examine your scalp and tell you what to do. If the current things that you have been using are given by a dermatologist then trust that dermatologist. Hair fall treatment TAKES TIME to show results (almost 6months). Be patient . You'll benefit. If you haven't visited a dermatologist, visit one. That's a wise thing to do. Do not use medicines shampoos etc 'suggested'by family friends and pharmacists. You'll only waste time.