Excessive Eye Blinking

Hello, I am facing this problem of excessive eye blinking. Mine is a office job and I usually spent more than 8 hours a day in front of laptop. I feel dryness in my eyes and I start blinking excessively. In mornings I dont blink much, but as the day passes the blinking increases.

Doctor Answers (2) on Excessive Eye Blinking

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello dear...this is computer vision syndrome...when we sit in front of laptop for long tym..our blink rate decreases and so cornea becomes dry leading to fatigue...burning and other symptoms....measures to prevent this are...take breaks every 2 hrs of work....Blink a lot...do cold compresses...use antiglare glasses for laptop work and use good quality lubricating eyedrop
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. There is a tear layer in your eye which is made up of three layers. The function of this is to provide your eye with moisture and lubrication which is much needed. But when you use your eye nonstop for longer durations, gradually the layer dries out and it needs to be formed again therefore we blink. What you need to do is give your eyes proper rest at regular intervals. You can also use artificial tear preparations which are available with a doctors prescription. Use one drop of it atleast 5 times a day at regular intervals. Close your eyes for about 5 mins after you have put the drop. Consult a ophthalmologist for further help. Regards