Excessive dreams

I m not able to sleep properly..I feel that my sleep is full of dreams..not able to get up in the mrng too..I don't feel fresh in the mrng...My sleep has predominantly shifted towards rem..what to do??

Doctor Answers (1) on Excessive dreams

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, it sounds like you might be restless before going to bed. Since I don't have much details you can try a few things. Try not to eat your dinner late so that you can sleep early. Before going to bed you could mediate for about 20minutes daily as this would help you reach a calmer state of mind and you can enjoy a peaceful sleep. The other thing you can try is put on instrumental or jazz music in the background but not too loud, just at an audible and low level. This could also help you calm down and your sleep pattern can improve. Third but lastly, play a vigorous sport like tennis or squash or even go running. This will exhaust you and put you into deep sleep. I hope this helps you. Goodnight and sleep tight!