Excessive bleeding
My mother is 51 years and she's bleeding for the past 25 days ! She didn't bleed from sept-dec ! She bleed normally in January n in feb for 25 days ! She's taking calbob and botrostat tablet from 2 days n pause tablet for 3 days ! It didn't stop ! She has no thyroid n sugar problem ! Does she has to get a tvs done ? N can it be done when she's bleeding ? And is there any other tablet that she can take ?

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

Continue with tab. Pause MF thrice a day till bleeding stops. Yes she needs a USG. Get it done and revert back to me
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, irregular menstrual periods or abnormal bleeding is coming towards the stoppage of menstruation permanently at the age of 45-50yrs. Since she is bleeding from last 25days if bleeding heavy, she needs to consult gynecologist. And transvaginal scan is not always necessary simple abdominal scan will help.