chest-icon

Eosinophil count incresed

I have a history of having cough n cold. I was also detected with TB at young age when I was 10 yrs old. But i have taken complete medicine for 6 months and completely cured it. Now I am 29 yrs old. I have done test for my CBC and ESR. My Neutrophile is 60(45-70), Eosinophile is 35 (0-6), Lymphocytes 02(20-40), Basophils 03 (0-2), Monocytes 00 (2-10). So I can see my WBC are not inline with normal range. My concern point it my eosinophil which is showing as 35. Do I have a life threatening disease. My doctor by seeing this report suggested me to take Hetrazan 100 for 3 months a doze a day. Is this is a right treatment. I have that eosinophil is not a disease. We need to diagnose the right cause for the same. Should I check with some other Doc. Or is it beacause that I had TB in my young days. What should I do. I am worried for the same. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (2) on Eosinophil count incresed

Dr. Rama S.K Pune | Internal Medicine
See hetrazan is helpful only if the cause is filariasis. ...but I think you should be evaluated for tropical eosinophilia before stsrting empirical treatment....meet MD physician
Dr. Anil B Sheth Ahmedabad | General Physician
u have not mentioned yr ESR report.hope it is normal.so what yr Dr. prescribed is correct.along with that u can take any albandazole for worms infestation as eosinophil count may rise due to this but as u r having persistant coughthen Hetrazan is the right drug that yr Dr. suggested 100 mgm tab 3 tabs /day for ateast 2-3 wks n then check eosinophil count again n see yr dr. after that to know how long u shud continue.YR past h/o of TB has nothing to do with high eosinophil count.at present